How the RMR test works.
Preparing For The Test
Diligent preparation is important because your RMR is very sensitive. It is affected by many factors, including environment, genetics, hormones, stress, movement, and digestion.
- Avoid exercising for 12 hours prior, as well as food, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 5 hours prior
- Continue taking any prescription medications as recommended by your doctor
- Come to the test in comfortable clothing
During The Metabolic Test
We like to think of your RMR Metabolic test as a 15 to 20 minute meditation to break up the stress of your day...
- All you need to do is relax comfortably in a chair while breathing into a mask
- We calculate the amount of oxygen you consume during this time
- We analyze your data, review it with you, and answer any questions