Personalized insights to optimize cardiovascular health and fitness
DexaFit's Vo2max testing pinpoints your precise cardio fitness levels, shows you how to exercise more effectively, and what to do to personalize planning and boost sluggish metabolisms.
Workout Smarter, Not Harder
We all have optimal training zones. But most fitness tests only tell you target heart rates based on averages based using age and weight.
- Measures your Vo2max, Anaerobic Threshold and precise Target Heart
- Identifies your Unique Target Intensity Zones
- Get feedback needed to optimize your exercise and maximize your results
- Considered one of the best indicators for all cause mortality risks
Less Fatigue. Recover Faster.
Frequently we push ourselves thinking, “no pain, no gain.” But the truth is, pushing beyond our optimal training zone leads to fatigue and discomfort.
It increases soreness after your workout, causes exercise-related injuries, and stresses your immune system.
But when you know your Vo2max and target zones, you train smarter and not harder. Some even say their exercise becomes 'comfortable,' yet they're getting better results!
Burn More Fat. Feel More Energy.
VO2 testing reveals the exercise level that will optimize a person’s ability to burn body fat. The term “aerobic exercise” has been commonly used in relation to burning fat.
But without VO2 testing, fitness professionals have had to rely on crude estimates to determine what level of exercise intensity would be “aerobic” or fat burning.
Now, with VO2 testing readily available, you can know the precise level of intensity that will maximize your progress.
How is a VO2max Test Performed?
- Put on a heart rate strap and face mask.
- The mask is connected to our medical-grade metabolic cart (same one used by the Mayo Clinic).
- Begin to exercise with a light warm-up. We will gradually increase your intensity over a period of 10 to 20 minutes.
- Once the test is complete, you will cool down while your Cardio Fitness report is calculated and printed in a simple, insightful report.
- You receive a consultation to review and discuss your results.
- Dress in comfortable exercise attire.
- Refrain from exercise or endurance training for 24-hours prior to test.
- Avoid food, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 3 hours before testing.
- Continue medications as usual.
- Exercise warm-up per usual routine.
VO₂ Pretest Protocols
(Btw all DexaFit services and products ARE HSA/FSA eligible)